Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Advertising The Gathering : Day 6 Freelancer

Day 06 -
It's the Advertising The Gathering official card release. The jack of all trades, the too cool for school, the Casanova of industry. The Freelancer card! When you need something done no matter what the cost or some truly out of the box thinking or just some stolen ideas, this is the card for you. Just make sure to keep an eye on them around your more attractive employees.
(click the images for enlarged view)

- Card details -
Card Title: Freelancer

Card Quote: "I don't know if you heard but I'm kind of a big thing"

Card Details: When freelancer card comes into play caster gains +5 speed, +5 concept. Opponent must also invite Freelancer to all agency social events and allow Freelancer to sleep with at least one employee a year. When Freelancer is tapped opponent must double their budget for each round Freelancer card is in play. 

- About the project -
I had this fun idea to do an illustration project focusing on different roles in advertising to which I would add cheeky bios but after starting the project I became really frustrated with my lack of illustration skills. So I brainstormed some better vehicles for the concept. What better vehicle then Magic the Gathering! Have no idea what that is? Half of me doesn't blame you and to be honest, the other half that does, could probably be talked into not blaming you either. So if you need a down and dirty overview check out what wiki has to say. I hope you enjoy it, I'm going to try and post one card every week day for as long as I can keep coming up with fun roles and copy to go with them.

No comments: