Monday, October 04, 2010

Advertising The Gathering : Day 7 Social Network

Day 07 -
It's the Advertising The Gathering official card release. The official crutch of the adverting industry. The Social Network Card! When you have completely run out of  creative ideas or you find yourself in way over your head, throw down the Social Network card and you will have that big name client thinking you have your fingers on the pulse of any audience.
(click the images for enlarged view)

- Card details -
Card Title: Social Network

Card Quote: "We need to leverage user generated content!"

Card Details: When Social Network card comes into play opponent must crowbar Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare into a non-related campaign. Every time Social Network card is tapped a “fresh” approach to integrating social networking must be presented.

- About the project -
I had this fun idea to do an illustration project focusing on different roles in advertising to which I would add cheeky bios but after starting the project I became really frustrated with my lack of illustration skills. So I brainstormed some better vehicles for the concept. What better vehicle then Magic the Gathering! Have no idea what that is? Half of me doesn't blame you and to be honest, the other half that does, could probably be talked into not blaming you either. So if you need a down and dirty overview check out what wiki has to say. I hope you enjoy it, I'm going to try and post one card every week day for as long as I can keep coming up with fun roles and copy to go with them.

No comments: