Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Advertising The Gathering : Day 8 Copywriter

Day 08 -
It's the Advertising The Gathering official card release. Hide your lampshades and open your liquor cabinets here comes the Copywriter Card!. When your a small agency and you need to skimp on the roles little else is as instantly noticeable than when your "creative guy" magically becomes copywriter.
(click the images for enlarged view)

- Card details -
Card Title: Copywriter

Card Quote: "Wanna catch a drink after work?"

Card Details: When Copy Writer card comes into play caster gains +5 concept for each Art Director card in play. Copy Writer car is tapped opponent must convert 1/3 of their budget to cover all bar tab costs incurred by Copy Writer card(s). When more then one Copy Writer card is tapped opponent must increase timeline by +10. If Copy Writer card survives 10 rounds of play opponent must cover Copy Writer cards antidepressant prescriptions.
- About the project -
I had this fun idea to do an illustration project focusing on different roles in advertising to which I would add cheeky bios but after starting the project I became really frustrated with my lack of illustration skills. So I brainstormed some better vehicles for the concept. What better vehicle then Magic the Gathering! Have no idea what that is? Half of me doesn't blame you and to be honest, the other half that does, could probably be talked into not blaming you either. So if you need a down and dirty overview check out what wiki has to say. I hope you enjoy it, I'm going to try and post one card every week day for as long as I can keep coming up with fun roles and copy to go with them.

No comments: