Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mission Brand Confusion: Accomplished

Last night I saw the new Kettle One commercial. I love Kettle One and I love their commercials. No other vodka makes a better martini, and their ads consistently put me in the mood to have one. It also doesn't hurt that their spokes person played a great character on Syfy channels Eureka. But I digress...

So I'm watching this commercial thinking to my self, "wow Kettle One is really steppin up the Circ De Soleil, and where is Ed Quinn did they fire their beloved spokesman?". Alas, this wasn't actually a commercial for Kettle One it was for a hotel in Las Vegas called The Cosmopolitan. You can't create a brand with another brands elements, because when you do you get blog posts like this and a fair bit of confusion!

Curious about that track? It's called Spread Your Love by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and the video is pretty cool too!

The Cosmopolitan:


Kettle One, Table:



Kettle One, Bar:



Kettle One, Street:

1 comment:

Felix Sanderson said...

Whoever did the ad for Cosmo didn't do their research when they chose the music. I like their ad, though I think it could have been tighter, but the music (now pretty much owned by Kettle Uno) clearly throws one off.