Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The internet has ruined everything

Today Borders Books filed for bankruptcy. You know Borders, its that major book store that always had the best selection design books. Its that store that when in a pinch, or you were just going to write off the purchase anyway, had design books that were not all from the early 90s. You know its that book store that decided to stand up to amazon and come out with its own e-book reader and was willing to dump money into setting it apart from its competition.

As it stands Borders plans to close 30% of its stores and do major restructuring.

This topic is such a double edged sword for me. My entire professional life would not be possible without the internet and I love what I do and feel thankful everyday I get to do what I love to do for a living. With that said, for as much as the internet has given it has certainly taken away.

No comments: